Question on DAML + OIL: sufficient and necessary conditions for a class

From: LaitRusse (LaitRusse@Pandora.be)
Date: 07/20/01

Hi,
I was checking the daml +oil language and while doing so the following thing intrigued me. When working with ontologies one can say that a class description contains the sufficient and necessary conditions for this class. RDF contains a property called "isDefinedBy", although the usage there is also not clear to me. Does Daml+Oil have a system for these things or are all descriptions always assumed to meet the necessary and sufficient conditions? Does it use the "isDefinedBy" from RDF and if so how is it used, i.e. is there an example of its usage?

 Lowie

LYs@pandora.be

Belgium